- Here’s how Presbyterians can preach about racism from Austin Seminary’s Carolyn Helsel, a recorded webinar in the Synod of the Covenant’s Workshops for Frequent Preacher series, 3/2023: Click here
- Double-Edged Sword: Paradigms of (Anti)Racism in Old Testament Scripture, 3/2023 article with link to watch the recorded webinar discussion.
- Videos from the Presbyterian Committee on the Self-Development of People: Click here
- Preaching about Racial Justice without Losing your Conviction or your Job, 6/2021 (recorded webinar from Synod of the Covenant): Click here
- Examining the roots and impact of toxic theology, 5/2021, (webinar from Task Force for the Disparities of Black Women & Girls, PCUSA): Click here
- Race, Reparations and Reconciliation, 5/2021 (PCUSA recorded webinar with Rev. Dr. Allan Boesak): Click here
- Unbound Podcast on a newly updated book, “Race in America: Christians Respond to the Crisis,”, Westminster John Knox Press PCUSA Resources: Click here
- For Beautiful Black Boys Who Believe In A Better World: A Conversation with the author (APCE and Flyaway Books webinar): Click here
- Just Talk Live: Stop AAPI Hate, 4/6/2021 (weekly podcast from Unbound, PC(USA): Click here
- Racial Reconciliation: Foundations (Church Juice webinar): Click here
- Devotionals to Comfort: At the invitation of the Hispanic Latino-a Intercultural Congregational Support, 60 devotional videos to comfort, bring hope and reassure viewers that even in a pandemic, God still cares: Click here
- Antiracism resources for white people: Click here, curated by the Fieldstone Leadership Network: Click here
- A Litany of Repentance is contained in this article: Click here
- Bending the Moral Arcis a small group manual for congregations to engage in anti-racism. The guide and the updated resources can be found here.
- Restorative Actions: Surrendering Wealth for Mutual Well Being website: Click here and article: Click here
- Union Presbyterian Seminary webinar about Critical Race Theory gives viewers tools to counter what’s become a polarizing argument, 11/2021: Click here
- PCUSA Resources: Click here
- Resources from Gender & Racial Justice (PCUSA): Click here
- Race and Culture Mental Health Resources, 4/2021 (PCUSA): Click here
- Speaker’s Bureau listing on Indigenous Issues, comprised of Native American speakers whom congregations, mid councils, national church agencies and other groups: Click here
Suggested Books & Studies:
- Buried Seeds: Learning from the Vibrant Resilience of Marginalized Christian Communities by Alexia Salvatierra & Brandon Wrencher, Baker 2022
- Wait – Is This Racist? A Guide to Becoming an Anti-racist Church by Kerry Connelly, Bryana Clover, and Josh Riddick, 2022, $
- What Kind of Christianity; A History of Slavery and Anti-Black Racism in the Presbyterian Church by William Yoo, 2022, $ An article: Click here
- What Kind of Christianity: A History of Slavery and Anti-Black Racism in the Presbyterian Church by William Yoo, $19.50
- Then They Came for Mine: Healing from the Trauma of Racial Violence by Tracey Michae’l Lewis-Giggetts, $12.35
- Becoming Human: The Holy Spirit and the Rhetoric of Race by Luke A. Powery, $14.30
- A Gift Grows in the Ghetto: Reimagining the Spiritual Lives of Black Men by Jay-Paul Hinds, $14.30
- Wait – Is This Racist? A Guide to Becoming an Anti-racist Church by Kerry Connelly, Bryana Clover, and Josh Riddick, 2022, $14.30
- Unbroken and Unbowed: A History of Black Protest in America by Rev. Jimmie Hawkins: Click here to read article.
- Waking Up White by Debby Irving, $
- Facing Racism: A Vision of the Intercultural Community Anti Racism Study Guides, 6 sessions from PC(USA).
- How to Fight Racism Video Study, Jemar Tisby, 4/2021 (Zondervan, 11 video sessions) $.
- Love An Other: the Bible’s Call to Unity, Justice, and Equality, Reverend Denise Anderson, this five part series explores the sociological practice of “othering,” and the Christian’s responsibility to eradicate it (Theocademy) $.
- Dialogues On: Race, Spring 2021 (Spark House, 7 video sessions)$.
- White Too Long: The Legacy of White Supremacy in American Christianity (Simon & Schuster, 2021) The author of this book presents a provocative examination of the unholy relationship between American Christianity and white supremacy, and issues an urgent call for white Christians to reckon with this legacy for the sake of themselves and the nation. $14.99